It’s basic human psychology that upon meeting someone new, we immediately try to throw him/her into a category in our heads (we do it to ourselves as well). It can make us uncomfortable when we can’t chuck a person into a nice little box and say, “this is what you are….” This page exists to give you an idea of the things I love & live for and hopefully escape being filied away as A or B….
Some of the startup and business blogs I read on a rather religious basis.
What I have read that has helped shape my thinking.
- Daring Greatly
- Steal Like an Artist
- Manage Your Day-to-Day
- Founders at Work
- The Lean Startup
- The Four Steps to Epiphany
- Man’s Search For Meaning
- Against The Odds
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Delivering Happiness
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development
- Startup Nation
- Crucial Conversations
- Making Ideas Happen
- Made to Stick
- Predictably Irrational
- The Paradox of Choice
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Tipping Point
Thanks to the Pulse, Flipboard, & Zite apps I’m able to digest these amazing sites below.
Definitely not possible without Readability and Pocket.
Anyone who knows me, has recognized that I am obsessed with efficiency. So, I get asked a lot about the tools I use to get through the day. Here is the most recent list as of 01/07/2015.
- Automation: IFTTT (personal) + Zapier (business) + Google Alerts + GigaAlert
- Tasks / Todo Management : Workflowy
- Notes: Evernote (visual) + GinkoApp (written)
- Mind Mapping: MindNode Pro
- Contact Management: Contactually (pulls in my Linkedin, FullContact, Google Contacts)
- Meetings: Refresh + Charlie
- Newsletters: ExpressPigeon
- Reading Sources: Circa (breaking) + Pulse (design/art/arch) + Flipboard (tech) + Zite (discovery)
- Reading Management: Pocket
- Photos: SKRWT + Instagram
- Browser: Only Chrome…
- Screenshots & Screencasts: Jing
- Publishing: WP (permanently dumped Tumblr)
- Quick Sites: SquareSpace
- Security: LastPass + Keeply + several that are none of your business….
- Email: Gmail + Rapportive +Boomerang + Unrollme
- File Sync/Sharing: Google Drive + Dropbox + Infinit
- So I Don’t Go Blind: Flux
- Time Management: Pomodoro Technique via Breaktime
- Writing: GinkoApp -> Scrivener -> Hemingway App -> Readability Test
- Social Media Management: Buffer + IFTTT + Tweetdeck
No way to fit all of them, so these are just a handful of my favorites.
- 5 Rabbits
- Three Floyds
- St Bernardus
- Left Hand
- Russian River
- New Belgium
- Brooklyn Brewery
You must log in to post a comment.